How do i use converted xml´s in Farming Simulator 17 with the moreRealistic mod?
There are three different ways you can do this. You have to decide wich suits your needs best:
1) Replace the entire vehicle xml file with an MR version.
- Open up your zipfile and replace the current xml with the downloaded one. Make sure both filenames are exactly the same before you add it.
2) Add an additional xml file with 'MR_' prefix to an existing mod zip file, called: MR_<xmlfilename>.xml.
- Download your XML
- To verify the filename is correct, open your mod and note the filename of the xml file. For this example we assume it's fendt800.xml
- Make sure the downloaded file is called "MR_fendt800.xml", and add this file to the zip file.
3) Use the moreRealisticXmlDatabank.zip
This zip is basically a very small mod that holds all your converted xml files. The MR engine can read which files are in here and based on the name will override a normal xml file with the converted one it found.
- Download your XML file(s).
- Download moreRealisticXmlDatabank.zip here
- Now check the filename of the mod, we'll assume it's: FS17_fendt800.zip
- Open your mod and note the filename of the xml file. For this example we assume it's fendt800.xml
- Make sure the converted xml file has the following name <zipfile>_MR_<xmlfile>.xml, so in our case it would be FS17_fendt800_MR_fendt800.xml
- Add your converted xml file(s) to the folder convertedXml inside moreRealisticXmlDatabank.zip file.
- Move moreRealisticXmlDatabank.zip to your mods folder if it isn't already there.
All options are compatible with MP. We highly recommend using option 3, both in SP and in MP. Using option 3 you will keep the original mods untouched.
Where can i get help and instructions on converting mods for moreRealistic?
Please visit the "home" of moreRealistic on Farming Simulator UK (FS-UK.com)
Why is my XML file rejected?
Normally, you will be notified of the reason for the rejection by e-mail. Mostly the cause is that the original mod comes from a dubious website (unauthorized reuploads etc ...).